By Lori A Cash
Welcome to my Field Notes blog where I will share wildlife and nature conservation field notes of my experiences in the field, conservation information and news, conservation articles, updates on my conservation photography projects and how readers can help to protect our natural world.
I have been photographing wildlife and nature for over 30 years but recently have joined the world of wildlife and nature conservation photography. I have always have had the motto of wanting to share my photography vision of the natural world with others in hopes that others would learn to appreciate the natural world. So, I have always been a conservationist photographer in my heart. As an individual I have always been a conservationist.
One of the reasons I am joining the conservation photography field is so that I can also combine my writing with my photography so I can share visual stories of wildlife and nature that I photograph. I especially love birds and have a special interest in waterbirds. I want to share my experiences with these magnificent creatures in the hope of inspiring others to take action to protect these beautiful birds and their environment.
I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and lately have mainly focused on photographing the wildlife and nature of this costal Virginia area. My conservation photography will focus mainly on the Hampton Roads of Virginia area, but on this blog, I will also share information, articles, and various other ways that we can protect all our world’s wonderful wildlife creatures as well as our beautiful world.
I am not new to blogging as I have been sharing my journey with my wildlife and nature photography on my other website at Lori A Cash Photography. I will continue to post on both blogs with my Field Notes blog concentrating just on my conservation photography.
I want to use my photography to advocate and support conservation awareness and action to protect our wildlife and our natural world.
I hope you will follow my Field Notes blog as I share my journey into the field of conservation photography. I hope to inspire and educate readers on how to get involved and to take action to protect our natural world.
Thank you for reading my Field Notes Blog, and hope you will share this post with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- Black Swallowtail Butterfly: Caterpillar to Newly Emerged ButterflyThe Eastern black swallowtail caterpillars undergo a very noticeable change in their appearance from the 1st and 2nd Instars to the 4th and 5th Instars. After the 5th instar caterpillar stage, a chrysalis is formed before the eclosed butterfly emerges.
- Responsible Photography Presentation at James River WeekIn this presentation, conservation photographer, Lori A Cash, will share images that I have captured on or along the James River, talk about responsible photography and give techniques to help create fantastic landscape and wildlife images of the James River.
- Images Published in Virginia’s 2024 Our Common AgendaI am pleased to announce that, once again, I had three of my images published in the 2024 Our Common Agenda, a briefing book about Virginia’s conservation policies
- Photographing Flowers IndoorsPhotographing flowers indoors is not weather dependent and can be done anytime of the day especially using the natural light of a window in your home.
- Scenes of Coastal Virginia Photography Exhibit Slideshow VideoSlideshow video of Lori A Cash’s photography exhibit called Scenes of Coastal Virginia held at the Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk, Virginia. This exhibit was held in the Baker Hall Visitor Center during the months of April and May 2023.
American Bullfrog American Bullfrog Sitting on Pine Needles backyard butterfly garden bird photography birds birds of prey black swallowtail caterpillars bullfrogs butterflies caterpillars conservation flowers Frogs insects in the field Lori A Cash monarch butterflies monarch butterfly monarch conservation NANPA nature nature photography Nature Photography Day Norfolk Botanical Garden osprey photo exhibit photography publication raptors red foxes red fox kit seascapes songbirds sunrise swallowtail caterpillars tips Virginia Virginia Conservation Network Virginia wildlife Virginia wildlife conservation wild horses wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography Zazzle products