By Lori A Cash
Welcome to my Field Notes blog where I will share wildlife and nature conservation field notes of my experiences in the field, conservation information and news, conservation articles, updates on my conservation photography projects and how readers can help to protect our natural world.
I have been photographing wildlife and nature for over 30 years but recently have joined the world of wildlife and nature conservation photography. I have always have had the motto of wanting to share my photography vision of the natural world with others in hopes that others would learn to appreciate the natural world. So, I have always been a conservationist photographer in my heart. As an individual I have always been a conservationist.
One of the reasons I am joining the conservation photography field is so that I can also combine my writing with my photography so I can share visual stories of wildlife and nature that I photograph. I especially love birds and have a special interest in waterbirds. I want to share my experiences with these magnificent creatures in the hope of inspiring others to take action to protect these beautiful birds and their environment.
I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and lately have mainly focused on photographing the wildlife and nature of this costal Virginia area. My conservation photography will focus mainly on the Hampton Roads of Virginia area, but on this blog, I will also share information, articles, and various other ways that we can protect all our world’s wonderful wildlife creatures as well as our beautiful world.
I am not new to blogging as I have been sharing my journey with my wildlife and nature photography on my other website at Lori A Cash Photography. I will continue to post on both blogs with my Field Notes blog concentrating just on my conservation photography.
I want to use my photography to advocate and support conservation awareness and action to protect our wildlife and our natural world.
I hope you will follow my Field Notes blog as I share my journey into the field of conservation photography. I hope to inspire and educate readers on how to get involved and to take action to protect our natural world.
Thank you for reading my Field Notes Blog, and hope you will share this post with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- 2022 Wall Calendars at ZazzleSelection of 2022 wildlife and nature wall calendars created and designed by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography available for purchase at Zazzle.
- Backyard Butterfly Garden TipsTips for planting and creating a backyard butterfly garden to attract butterflies to your yard by using host plants and nectar plants blog post by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography.
- Photographing the Sunrise At Buckroe BeachAugust 18, 2021 Recently, I spent the morning in the field at Buckroe Beach photographing the sunrise. As usual I arrive around 45 minutes prior to sunrise at my location. I love to photograph the gorgeous colors of civil twilight. Often this period before sunrise, provides some of the best colors for your landscape photos.Continue reading “Photographing the Sunrise At Buckroe Beach”
- Images Published in 2022 Our Common Agenda by Virginia Conservation NetworkAugust 12, 2021 Virginia Conservation Network (VCN) released its annual policy Briefing Book called Our Common Agenda. The 2022 annual publication of Our Common Agenda has my red fox kit as the cover photo. My image is the cover photo as the result of being the winner of the 2022 Our Common Agenda Photo Contest.Continue reading “Images Published in 2022 Our Common Agenda by Virginia Conservation Network”
- American Bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical GardenAugust 9, 2021 Capturing images of American bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical Garden is one of my favorite things that I like to do in the spring and summer. Last year, I discovered a new love for photographing these adorable frogs. I spent a lot of time last summer taking pictures of the bullfrogs inContinue reading “American Bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical Garden”
behind the scenes bird conservation birds brown pelicans butterflies Chesapeake Bay conservation cover photo crabbing boat fox kits fox pups Hampton Roads Hampton Roads Community Hampton Roads conservation photographer Hampton Roads Virginia Hampton Roads wildlife photographer Hampton Virginia in the field local event Lori A Cash monarch butterfly nature Norfolk Botanical Garden Outer Banks of North Carolina photography photo story Pied-billed Grebe red foxes red fox family red fox kit Save The Seabirds Week Seabirds sunrise Virginia Virginia bird conservation Virginia conservation Virginia Conservation Network Virginia conservation photographer Virginia wildlife conservation Virginia wildlife photographer welcome wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography yellow-crowned night heron