By Lori A Cash
Welcome to my Field Notes blog where I will share wildlife and nature conservation field notes of my experiences in the field, conservation information and news, conservation articles, updates on my conservation photography projects and how readers can help to protect our natural world.
I have been photographing wildlife and nature for over 30 years but recently have joined the world of wildlife and nature conservation photography. I have always have had the motto of wanting to share my photography vision of the natural world with others in hopes that others would learn to appreciate the natural world. So, I have always been a conservationist photographer in my heart. As an individual I have always been a conservationist.
One of the reasons I am joining the conservation photography field is so that I can also combine my writing with my photography so I can share visual stories of wildlife and nature that I photograph. I especially love birds and have a special interest in waterbirds. I want to share my experiences with these magnificent creatures in the hope of inspiring others to take action to protect these beautiful birds and their environment.
I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and lately have mainly focused on photographing the wildlife and nature of this costal Virginia area. My conservation photography will focus mainly on the Hampton Roads of Virginia area, but on this blog, I will also share information, articles, and various other ways that we can protect all our world’s wonderful wildlife creatures as well as our beautiful world.
I am not new to blogging as I have been sharing my journey with my wildlife and nature photography on my other website at Lori A Cash Photography. I will continue to post on both blogs with my Field Notes blog concentrating just on my conservation photography.
I want to use my photography to advocate and support conservation awareness and action to protect our wildlife and our natural world.
I hope you will follow my Field Notes blog as I share my journey into the field of conservation photography. I hope to inspire and educate readers on how to get involved and to take action to protect our natural world.
Thank you for reading my Field Notes Blog, and hope you will share this post with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- Humpback Whales in Monterey BayPhotographing humpback whales and their behaviors such as breaching and tail fluke up dive in the Monterey Bay off the coast of California.
- Article Published on Nature Photographers NetworkArticle on Photographing Butterflies Through Their Life Cycle by Lori A Cash was published on Nature Photographers Network. This article discusses the life cycle of butterflies, conservation efforts and tips on photographing butterflies.
- Article on Pollinator Corridors Published on Wild Virginia BlogPollinator corridors provide the habitat needed for our declining pollinators with the use of native plants and flowers in our gardens or along roadsides.
- 2023 Butterflies Calendars Now Available at My Zazzle Store2023 Monarch Butterflies Wall Calendar and a variety of Butterfly Calendar now available for purchase at my Zazzle Store.
- Images Published in Our Common Agenda: 2023 Environmental Briefing BookImages photographed by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography published in our Our Common Agenda: 2023 Environmental Briefing Book for conservation policies for Virginia.
American Bullfrog American Bullfrog Sitting on Pine Needles backyard butterfly garden bird photography birds birds of prey black swallowtail caterpillars bullfrogs butterflies butterfly conservation Butterfly conservation photography caterpillars conservation flowers Fort Monroe National Monument Frogs insects in the field landscape photography Lori A Cash milkweed monarch butterflies monarch butterfly monarch conservation NANPA nature nature photography Norfolk Botanical Garden osprey photo exhibit photography raptors red foxes red fox kit sunrise sunrises swallowtail caterpillars tips Virginia Virginia Conservation Network Virginia wildlife wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography Zazzle