By Lori A Cash
Welcome to my Field Notes blog where I will share wildlife and nature conservation field notes of my experiences in the field, conservation information and news, conservation articles, updates on my conservation photography projects and how readers can help to protect our natural world.
I have been photographing wildlife and nature for over 30 years but recently have joined the world of wildlife and nature conservation photography. I have always have had the motto of wanting to share my photography vision of the natural world with others in hopes that others would learn to appreciate the natural world. So, I have always been a conservationist photographer in my heart. As an individual I have always been a conservationist.
One of the reasons I am joining the conservation photography field is so that I can also combine my writing with my photography so I can share visual stories of wildlife and nature that I photograph. I especially love birds and have a special interest in waterbirds. I want to share my experiences with these magnificent creatures in the hope of inspiring others to take action to protect these beautiful birds and their environment.
I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and lately have mainly focused on photographing the wildlife and nature of this costal Virginia area. My conservation photography will focus mainly on the Hampton Roads of Virginia area, but on this blog, I will also share information, articles, and various other ways that we can protect all our world’s wonderful wildlife creatures as well as our beautiful world.
I am not new to blogging as I have been sharing my journey with my wildlife and nature photography on my other website at Lori A Cash Photography. I will continue to post on both blogs with my Field Notes blog concentrating just on my conservation photography.
I want to use my photography to advocate and support conservation awareness and action to protect our wildlife and our natural world.
I hope you will follow my Field Notes blog as I share my journey into the field of conservation photography. I hope to inspire and educate readers on how to get involved and to take action to protect our natural world.
Thank you for reading my Field Notes Blog, and hope you will share this post with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- Foggy Morning at Stumpy LakeFoggy morning at Stumpy Lake provided lots of drama to my photos but it can be tricky photographing the fog. A few tips to make better and sharper images with the fog in your photos.
- Results from Share the View Photo ContestLori A Cash has two Top 250 winning images in 2021 Share the View International Nature Photography Contest.
- Top 12 Images of 2021The Top 12 Images of 2021 by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography and Lori’s photography focus for 2022.
- My Encounter with a Delmarva Fox SquirrelDelmarva fox squirrel is native species to the Delmarva Peninsula Region in the Eastern United States. Recently, I had the privilege to have encounter with this species at Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
- Honorable Mention in 2021 Virginia Vistas Photo ContestRed Fox Kit in Grass Meadow by Lori A Cash selected as honorable mention in Wildlife in Vistas category of the 2021 Virginia Vistas Photo Contest.
American Bullfrog American Bullfrogs backyard butterfly garden behind the scenes bird conservation bird photography birds bullfrogs butterflies conservation cover photo great blue heron Hampton Roads Hampton Roads Virginia Hampton Virginia insects in the field Lori A Cash monarch butterfly NANPA nature Nature Photography Day Norfolk Botanical Garden osprey photography red foxes red fox kit silhouettes songbirds sunrise sunrise photography sunrises swallowtail caterpillars Virginia Virginia bird conservation Virginia conservation Virginia Conservation Network Virginia wildlife Virginia wildlife conservation wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography Wild Virginia yellow-crowned night heron York River