By Lori A Cash
Welcome to my Field Notes blog where I will share wildlife and nature conservation field notes of my experiences in the field, conservation information and news, conservation articles, updates on my conservation photography projects and how readers can help to protect our natural world.
I have been photographing wildlife and nature for over 30 years but recently have joined the world of wildlife and nature conservation photography. I have always have had the motto of wanting to share my photography vision of the natural world with others in hopes that others would learn to appreciate the natural world. So, I have always been a conservationist photographer in my heart. As an individual I have always been a conservationist.
One of the reasons I am joining the conservation photography field is so that I can also combine my writing with my photography so I can share visual stories of wildlife and nature that I photograph. I especially love birds and have a special interest in waterbirds. I want to share my experiences with these magnificent creatures in the hope of inspiring others to take action to protect these beautiful birds and their environment.
I live in the Hampton Roads area of Virginia, and lately have mainly focused on photographing the wildlife and nature of this costal Virginia area. My conservation photography will focus mainly on the Hampton Roads of Virginia area, but on this blog, I will also share information, articles, and various other ways that we can protect all our world’s wonderful wildlife creatures as well as our beautiful world.
I am not new to blogging as I have been sharing my journey with my wildlife and nature photography on my other website at Lori A Cash Photography. I will continue to post on both blogs with my Field Notes blog concentrating just on my conservation photography.
I want to use my photography to advocate and support conservation awareness and action to protect our wildlife and our natural world.
I hope you will follow my Field Notes blog as I share my journey into the field of conservation photography. I hope to inspire and educate readers on how to get involved and to take action to protect our natural world.
Thank you for reading my Field Notes Blog, and hope you will share this post with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- 2023 Wall Calendars Available at My Zazzle Store2023 Wildlife and Nature Wall Calendars by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography, LLC at her Zazzle store are now available for purchase.
- Update on Butterfly Oasis Habitat ProjectButterfly Oasis Habitat Project is a conservation photography project by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography as she has created a habitat oasis for the declining monarch butterfly population as well as for other visiting butterflies.
- My Happiness Hour Presentation on The World of Wildlife Conservation PhotographyThe Happiness Hour presentation of “The World of Wildlife Conservation Photography by Lori A Cash, professional conservation wildlife and nature photographer. Lori’s presentation discusses what conservation photography is, and she provide tips on how to use your wildlife images for conservation purposes.
- Cover Image on American Butterflies MagazineWildlife and Nature Conservation Photographer, Lori A Cash, has the cover image of American Butterflies Magazine Fall 2022 issue with her image of a black swallowtail caterpillar feeding on fennel as she was awarded second place with the 2022 North American Butterfly Association (NBA) Photo Contest.
- Upcoming Conservation Photography Presentation on The Happiness Hour08/11/2022 On August 24, 2022 I will be giving a free Zoom presentation called The World of Wildlife Conservation Photography on Linda Nickell’s The Happiness Hour for photographers at 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time, These Zoom meetings can be accessed free on Linda Nickell’s Happiness Hour Schedule part of her website. Also, these presentations can be […]
American Bullfrog American Bullfrog Sitting on Pine Needles backyard butterfly garden bird photography birds birds of prey black swallowtail caterpillars bullfrogs butterflies Butterfly conservation photography caterpillars conservation Fort Monroe National Monument Frogs great blue heron Hampton Roads Virginia Hampton Virginia insects in the field Lori A Cash milkweed monarch butterflies monarch butterfly monarch conservation NANPA nature nature photography Norfolk Botanical Garden osprey photo exhibit photography raptors red foxes red fox kit sunrise sunrises swallowtail caterpillars tips Virginia Virginia Conservation Network Virginia wildlife Virginia wildlife conservation wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography