April 12-16, 2021 is Audubon’s 2021 Virtual Seabird Fly-In to help Save the Seabirds.
“Globally, seabird populations have declined by a staggering 70 percent since the 1950s. That percentage decrease equates to a loss of about 230 million birds in over 60 years. Ocean warming is changing their food, migrations, and habitat, while pollution, coastline development, and other factors are making it harder for these birds to survive”.
We need to take action to Save the Seabirds this week and every week. Please contact your local members of Congress and urge them to support laws and policies that protect seabirds from threats such as overfishing and climate change.
I know this Save the Seabird Week is almost over but Audubon is urging folks to use the hashtag #SaveTheSeabirds in any of your posts during this virtual week of Seabird Action.
Lets take action to #SaveTheSeabirds!
Thank you for reading my Field Notes Blog, and hope you will share this with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- Photography Exhibit at Norfolk Botanical Garden for April-May 2023Scenes of Coastal Virginia Photography Exhibit at Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk, Virginia by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography from April 1-May 31 2023.
- Protecting the Threatened Western Snowy PloverThe Western snowy plover is a small shorebird on the Pacific coast and is listed as a threatened species under the Endangered Species Act. Their threatened status is due to loss of habitat, beach erosion, human disturbance and predation.
- New Images Added to WebsiteNew images added to Lori A Cash Conservation Photography’s website including three new photo galleries of images of whooping cranes, wild horses and marine mammals.
- In the Field Photographing the Whooping CranesThe Aransas Wood Buffalo flock are the only self-sustaining wild whooping cranes with their wintering grounds in Texas and breeding grounds in Canada. Lori A Cash Conservation Photography spent some time in the field photographing these cranes in Texas and shares her experience in this blog post.
- New Photo Galleries Added to My Website GalleriesNew photo galleries of whooping cranes, marine mammals and wild horses added to the photo gallery of the website of Lori A Cash Conservation Photography.
American Bullfrog American Bullfrog Sitting on Pine Needles backyard butterfly garden bird photography birds birds of prey black swallowtail caterpillars brown pelican bullfrogs butterflies caterpillars conservation flowers Fort Monroe National Monument Frogs insects in the field Lori A Cash milkweed monarch butterflies monarch butterfly monarch conservation nature nature photography Norfolk Botanical Garden osprey photo exhibit photography photography tips publication raptors red foxes red fox kit songbirds sunrise sunrises tips Virginia Virginia Conservation Network Virginia wildlife wild horses wildlife wildlife conservation Wildlife Corridors wildlife photography
2 replies to “This Is Save The Seabirds Week Held By Audubon”
Great post! Thanks for the awareness and sharing!
Thank you so very much, Katy!