April 12-16, 2021 is Audubon’s 2021 Virtual Seabird Fly-In to help Save the Seabirds.
“Globally, seabird populations have declined by a staggering 70 percent since the 1950s. That percentage decrease equates to a loss of about 230 million birds in over 60 years. Ocean warming is changing their food, migrations, and habitat, while pollution, coastline development, and other factors are making it harder for these birds to survive”.
We need to take action to Save the Seabirds this week and every week. Please contact your local members of Congress and urge them to support laws and policies that protect seabirds from threats such as overfishing and climate change.
I know this Save the Seabird Week is almost over but Audubon is urging folks to use the hashtag #SaveTheSeabirds in any of your posts during this virtual week of Seabird Action.
Lets take action to #SaveTheSeabirds!
Thank you for reading my Field Notes Blog, and hope you will share this with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- Humpback Whales in Monterey BayPhotographing humpback whales and their behaviors such as breaching and tail fluke up dive in the Monterey Bay off the coast of California.
- Article Published on Nature Photographers NetworkArticle on Photographing Butterflies Through Their Life Cycle by Lori A Cash was published on Nature Photographers Network. This article discusses the life cycle of butterflies, conservation efforts and tips on photographing butterflies.
- Article on Pollinator Corridors Published on Wild Virginia BlogPollinator corridors provide the habitat needed for our declining pollinators with the use of native plants and flowers in our gardens or along roadsides.
- 2023 Butterflies Calendars Now Available at My Zazzle Store2023 Monarch Butterflies Wall Calendar and a variety of Butterfly Calendar now available for purchase at my Zazzle Store.
- Images Published in Our Common Agenda: 2023 Environmental Briefing BookImages photographed by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography published in our Our Common Agenda: 2023 Environmental Briefing Book for conservation policies for Virginia.
American Bullfrog American Bullfrog Sitting on Pine Needles backyard butterfly garden bird photography birds birds of prey black swallowtail caterpillars bullfrogs butterflies butterfly conservation Butterfly conservation photography caterpillars conservation flowers Fort Monroe National Monument Frogs insects in the field landscape photography Lori A Cash milkweed monarch butterflies monarch butterfly monarch conservation NANPA nature nature photography Norfolk Botanical Garden osprey photo exhibit photography raptors red foxes red fox kit sunrise sunrises swallowtail caterpillars tips Virginia Virginia Conservation Network Virginia wildlife wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography Zazzle