I have posted a new photo story article that I have written called Afternoon At the Beach With A Pied-Billed Grebe. I had the pleasure a few years ago to spend a wonderful spring afternoon with this one pied-billed grebe I discovered at the beach in Nags Head on the Outer Banks of North Carolina. It displayed an amazing behavior that I was fortunate to witness and photograph. Have you ever seen a pied-billed grebe walking? Well, I have. Check out my story about witnessing and photographing this pied-billed grebe walking on the beach and in the surf.
Thank you for reading my Field Notes Blog, and I hope you will share this with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- Foggy Morning at Stumpy LakeFoggy morning at Stumpy Lake provided lots of drama to my photos but it can be tricky photographing the fog. A few tips to make better and sharper images with the fog in your photos.
- Results from Share the View Photo ContestLori A Cash has two Top 250 winning images in 2021 Share the View International Nature Photography Contest.
- Top 12 Images of 2021The Top 12 Images of 2021 by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography and Lori’s photography focus for 2022.
- My Encounter with a Delmarva Fox SquirrelDelmarva fox squirrel is native species to the Delmarva Peninsula Region in the Eastern United States. Recently, I had the privilege to have encounter with this species at Chincoteague National Wildlife Refuge on the Eastern Shore of Virginia.
- Honorable Mention in 2021 Virginia Vistas Photo ContestRed Fox Kit in Grass Meadow by Lori A Cash selected as honorable mention in Wildlife in Vistas category of the 2021 Virginia Vistas Photo Contest.
American Bullfrog American Bullfrogs backyard butterfly garden behind the scenes bird conservation bird photography birds bullfrogs butterflies conservation cover photo great blue heron Hampton Roads Hampton Roads Virginia Hampton Virginia insects in the field Lori A Cash monarch butterfly NANPA nature Nature Photography Day Norfolk Botanical Garden osprey photography red foxes red fox kit silhouettes songbirds sunrise sunrise photography sunrises swallowtail caterpillars Virginia Virginia bird conservation Virginia conservation Virginia Conservation Network Virginia wildlife Virginia wildlife conservation wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography Wild Virginia yellow-crowned night heron York River