I am very proud and excited to share that the above image titled “American Bullfrog Sitting on Pine Needles” was announced as one of the 30 finalists in the Great Outdoors 2020 Photo Contest by Outdoor Photographer. There were over 1,000 images entered into this contest and only 30 images made it as finalists.
Last year I spent a lot of time photographing the bullfrogs at Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk, Virginia, and I captured many great images of the bullfrogs. So, I am very happy that one of these bullfrog images received some recognition.
Check out the slideshow of the 30 finalists images of the Great Outdoors 2020 Photo Contest by Outdoor Photographer, here.
All the best,
- 2022 Wall Calendars at ZazzleSelection of 2022 wildlife and nature wall calendars created and designed by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography available for purchase at Zazzle.
- Backyard Butterfly Garden TipsTips for planting and creating a backyard butterfly garden to attract butterflies to your yard by using host plants and nectar plants blog post by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography.
- Photographing the Sunrise At Buckroe BeachAugust 18, 2021 Recently, I spent the morning in the field at Buckroe Beach photographing the sunrise. As usual I arrive around 45 minutes prior to sunrise at my location. I love to photograph the gorgeous colors of civil twilight. Often this period before sunrise, provides some of the best colors for your landscape photos.Continue reading “Photographing the Sunrise At Buckroe Beach”
- Images Published in 2022 Our Common Agenda by Virginia Conservation NetworkAugust 12, 2021 Virginia Conservation Network (VCN) released its annual policy Briefing Book called Our Common Agenda. The 2022 annual publication of Our Common Agenda has my red fox kit as the cover photo. My image is the cover photo as the result of being the winner of the 2022 Our Common Agenda Photo Contest.Continue reading “Images Published in 2022 Our Common Agenda by Virginia Conservation Network”
- American Bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical GardenAugust 9, 2021 Capturing images of American bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical Garden is one of my favorite things that I like to do in the spring and summer. Last year, I discovered a new love for photographing these adorable frogs. I spent a lot of time last summer taking pictures of the bullfrogs inContinue reading “American Bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical Garden”
behind the scenes bird conservation birds brown pelicans butterflies Chesapeake Bay conservation cover photo crabbing boat fox kits fox pups Hampton Roads Hampton Roads Community Hampton Roads conservation photographer Hampton Roads Virginia Hampton Roads wildlife photographer Hampton Virginia in the field local event Lori A Cash monarch butterfly nature Norfolk Botanical Garden Outer Banks of North Carolina photography photo story Pied-billed Grebe red foxes red fox family red fox kit Save The Seabirds Week Seabirds sunrise Virginia Virginia bird conservation Virginia conservation Virginia Conservation Network Virginia conservation photographer Virginia wildlife conservation Virginia wildlife photographer welcome wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography yellow-crowned night heron