On Saturday, May 15, 2021, The Partnership for a New Phoebus with support from the American Flood Coalition will be holding a drop by at Phoebus Waterfront Park in Hampton, Virginia from 10:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. This drop by will be held to gather community input on how the park can be improved as a community space and to reduce tidal and stormwater flooding.
Phoebus Waterfront Park has been a special place for me as I have been photographing at this location a lot this past year. The wintering brown pelicans roost here at the pilings off the dock at the park, and there are a lot of wintering ducks like buffleheads that are swimming in Mill Creek where this Phoebus Waterfront Park is located. I plan to stop by and give my support and input as a conservation photographer and as a photographer that frequently photographs at this location.
Here are a couple of images that I have captured at Phoebus Waterfront Park.
Hope you will stop by and give your input on how Phoebus Waterfront Park can be better for the community and for you.
*raindate would be held on Saturday, May 22, 2021.
Thank you for reading my blog, and I hope you will share this with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash
- 2022 Wall Calendars at ZazzleSelection of 2022 wildlife and nature wall calendars created and designed by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography available for purchase at Zazzle.
- Backyard Butterfly Garden TipsTips for planting and creating a backyard butterfly garden to attract butterflies to your yard by using host plants and nectar plants blog post by Lori A Cash Conservation Photography.
- Photographing the Sunrise At Buckroe BeachAugust 18, 2021 Recently, I spent the morning in the field at Buckroe Beach photographing the sunrise. As usual I arrive around 45 minutes prior to sunrise at my location. I love to photograph the gorgeous colors of civil twilight. Often this period before sunrise, provides some of the best colors for your landscape photos.Continue reading “Photographing the Sunrise At Buckroe Beach”
- Images Published in 2022 Our Common Agenda by Virginia Conservation NetworkAugust 12, 2021 Virginia Conservation Network (VCN) released its annual policy Briefing Book called Our Common Agenda. The 2022 annual publication of Our Common Agenda has my red fox kit as the cover photo. My image is the cover photo as the result of being the winner of the 2022 Our Common Agenda Photo Contest.Continue reading “Images Published in 2022 Our Common Agenda by Virginia Conservation Network”
- American Bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical GardenAugust 9, 2021 Capturing images of American bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical Garden is one of my favorite things that I like to do in the spring and summer. Last year, I discovered a new love for photographing these adorable frogs. I spent a lot of time last summer taking pictures of the bullfrogs inContinue reading “American Bullfrogs at the Norfolk Botanical Garden”
behind the scenes bird conservation birds brown pelicans butterflies Chesapeake Bay conservation cover photo crabbing boat fox kits fox pups Hampton Roads Hampton Roads Community Hampton Roads conservation photographer Hampton Roads Virginia Hampton Roads wildlife photographer Hampton Virginia in the field local event Lori A Cash monarch butterfly nature Norfolk Botanical Garden Outer Banks of North Carolina photography photo story Pied-billed Grebe red foxes red fox family red fox kit Save The Seabirds Week Seabirds sunrise Virginia Virginia bird conservation Virginia conservation Virginia Conservation Network Virginia conservation photographer Virginia wildlife conservation Virginia wildlife photographer welcome wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography yellow-crowned night heron