August 12, 2021
Virginia Conservation Network (VCN) released its annual policy Briefing Book called Our Common Agenda. The 2022 annual publication of Our Common Agenda has my red fox kit as the cover photo. My image is the cover photo as the result of being the winner of the 2022 Our Common Agenda Photo Contest.
In addition, in this publication I had several other images of various wildlife and nature subjects that appear in this annual briefing book by Virginia Conservation Network.
Our Common Agenda is a collection of over 40 environmental policy papers written by, vetted through, and voted on by VCN’s 150+ Network Partners. This policy book by VCN is released every summer. It serves as an educational tool for policy makers and conservation advocates as it is comprised of policy solutions to address the environmental problems facing the Commonwealth of Virginia.
I am proud to have my images published in a very important environmental briefing book that addresses conservation issues in my home area of Virginia.
Thank you for reading my Field Notes blog, and I hope you will share this post with others.
Let’s protect our wildlife and nature!
All the very best,
- Black Swallowtail Butterfly: Caterpillar to Newly Emerged ButterflyThe Eastern black swallowtail caterpillars undergo a very noticeable change in their appearance from the 1st and 2nd Instars to the 4th and 5th Instars. After the 5th instar caterpillar stage, a chrysalis is formed before the eclosed butterfly emerges.
- Responsible Photography Presentation at James River WeekIn this presentation, conservation photographer, Lori A Cash, will share images that I have captured on or along the James River, talk about responsible photography and give techniques to help create fantastic landscape and wildlife images of the James River.
- Images Published in Virginia’s 2024 Our Common AgendaI am pleased to announce that, once again, I had three of my images published in the 2024 Our Common Agenda, a briefing book about Virginia’s conservation policies
- Photographing Flowers IndoorsPhotographing flowers indoors is not weather dependent and can be done anytime of the day especially using the natural light of a window in your home.
- Scenes of Coastal Virginia Photography Exhibit Slideshow VideoSlideshow video of Lori A Cash’s photography exhibit called Scenes of Coastal Virginia held at the Norfolk Botanical Garden in Norfolk, Virginia. This exhibit was held in the Baker Hall Visitor Center during the months of April and May 2023.
American Bullfrog American Bullfrog Sitting on Pine Needles backyard butterfly garden behind the scenes bird photography birds birds of prey black swallowtail caterpillars brown pelican bullfrogs butterflies caterpillars conservation flowers Fort Monroe National Monument Frogs Hampton Roads insects in the field Lori A Cash marine mammals milkweed monarch butterflies monarch butterfly monarch conservation NANPA nature nature photography Nature Photography Day Norfolk Botanical Garden osprey photo exhibit photography pollinators publication published raptors red foxes red fox kit seascapes songbirds sunrise sunrises swallowtail caterpillars tips Virginia Virginia Conservation Network Virginia wildlife Virginia wildlife conservation whooping cranes wild horses wildlife wildlife conservation wildlife photography Zazzle products
Copyright © 2021 Lori A Cash